Welcome to Bergen, there is plenty to see: Bryggen with its wooden buildings, the Hanseatic museum, Bergenhus, one of Norway's best-preserved fortresses or Håkons Hall, a royal residence from the Middle Ages. Explore Norway's second largest city on your own or book a 2 hours guided tour.
By express boat you reach the Western islands and Sognefjorden. Around lunch time you arrive in Balestrand, imbedded in impressive fjord landscape. Take a walk along King Bele's Road to see all the lovely summer residences of artists and wealthy house owners. Many of the houses in this so-called dragon style are well preserved, and spreading an unique flair. Your hotel in Balestrand overlooks the Sognefjord and has been built in Swiss style, another style which is very popular for this area.
After breakfast you follow the well signposted route to Raudmelen. After a steep route up you will have magnificent views over the area. We recommend to pause at Orrabenken, before you continue to Buråsi, again with fantastic views over the fjord, green areas and rocky mountains. Along the ridge you reah the highest point of today's tour Raudmelen. Optional the route can also be shortened several times.
From the end of Barsnesfjorden you pass the mighty Årøy River and start the hike at the other side of the bridge. You follow the same road that the King Holy Olav took in 1023 with his men. The path takes you to Hafslo Lake and continues along down to picturesque Solvorn. An idyllic small village with white wooden houses, apple trees, galleries and good atmosphere. Solvorn used to be an important harbour, today the village is a very popular summer holiday destination.
A short transfer brings you to Molden, from where you hike through the forest and up to Svarthiller. The efforts of managing the steep route will be rewarded with amazing views. You continue to the top of Mount Molden, 1 116 m asl. Enjoy the breathtaking panorama over Lusterfjorden, New and Høyheimsvik. Its called the finest viewpoint of all along Sognefjorden. Be sure to have your camera ready! Afterwards you return back to Solvorn to have a relaxed evening in the lovely small village.
Hop on the bus to through the wild and narrow valley up to Jostedalen. A hike on the glacier itself with ice grips must be ordered in advance. The authorised National Park Centre for Breheimen and Jostedalsbreen National Parks (with cafeteria, souvenir shop, museum and booking centre for kayaking and rafting) can be visited before or after you hike up to the glacier.
After breakfast your hiking holiday ends. We are happy to extend your stay with extra nights.
| Season 1 |
13.05.2023 - 16.06.2023
21.08.2023 - 17.09.2023
| Season 2 |
17.06.2023 - 20.08.2023
|Sognefjord hiking holiday, 7 days, category A, NO-SOWBS-07A|
|Base price|| |
|Single room surcharge||7 799||7 799|
|Sognefjord hiking holiday, 7 days, category B, NO-SOWBS-07B|
|Base price|| |
|Single room surcharge||6 899||6 899|
Cat. A: chosen 3***- and 4**** hotels including 4x half-board
Cat. B: chosen 3***-hotels including 2x half-board
| Season 1 |
May 13, 2023 - Jun 16, 2023
Aug 21, 2023 - Sep 17, 2023
| Season 2 |
Jun 17, 2023 - Aug 20, 2023
|Bergen cat. A|
|Extra night in double room/breakfast||999||999|
|Extra night in single room/breakfast||1 699||1 699|
|Sogndal cat. A|
|Extra night in double room/breakfast||1 499||1 499|
|Extra night in single room/breakfast||1 999||1 999|
|Bergen cat. B|
|Extra night in double room/breakfast||899||899|
|Extra night in single room/breakfast||1 599||1 599|
|Sogndal cat. B|
|Extra night in double room/breakfast||1 399||1 399|
|Extra night in single room/breakfast||1 899||1 899|
- Overnights in the chosen category
- 4x lunch package for the hiking tours
- 4x half board (cat. A) or 2x half board (cat. B)
- Luggage transfer from hotel to hotel
- 1x transfer to the start of the hiking tour, Solvorn-Molden
- Carefully elaborated route instructions
- Detailed travel information (1x per booked room)
- Service hotline
- Guided tour in Bergen
- Express boat Bergen - Sognefjord (day 2)
- Travel insurance
- all services not mentioned under "Services included"
- By flight: Bergen airport and by airport bus (ca. 30 minutes, departures every 15 minutes), City Light Rail (ca. 45 minutes) or taxi to the city centre.
- By ferry: Fjord Line sails to Bergen from Denmark, the ferry docks are within walking distance from the city center.
- By train: The Bergen railway connects Bergen and Oslo and is one of the greatest train journeys in the world.
- By expressbus: Kystbussen runs from Stavanger to Bergen (ca. 3 hours 15 minutes, with hourly departures).
- By express boat: from Sogndal back to Bergen in the morning and by public bus to Oslo.