Welcome to Bergen, there is plenty to see: Bryggen with its wooden buildings, the Hanseatic museum, Bergenhus, one of Norway's best-preserved fortresses or Håkons Hall, a royal residence from the Middle Ages. Explore Norway's second largest city on your own or book a 2 hours guided tour.
By public bus you reach the cable car at Mount Ulriken which brings you up to the top of Bergen's highest mountain. If wished, a guided tour can be booked. Soak in the breathtaking views on the sea, the islands, fjords and mountains before you start your hiking tour through varied nature. "Storefjellet" or "Borgaskaret" can be recommended for a well deserved lunch break. On top of Mount Floyen you will have another fantastic view onto the city before you walk down to Bergen. Optional you can go by cable car (not included).
Bergen - Balestrand
By express boat you reach the Western islands and Sognefjorden. Around lunch time you arrive in Balestrand, imbedded in impressive fjord landscape. Take a walk along King Bele's Road to see all the lovely summer residences of artists and wealthy house owners. Many of the houses in this so-called dragon style are well preserved, and spreading an unique flair. Your hotel in Balestrand overlooks the Sognefjord and has been built in Swiss style, another style which is very popular for this area.
After breakfast you follow the well signposted route to Raudmelen. After a steep route up you will have magnificent views over the area. We recommend to pause at Orrabenken, before you continue to Buråsi, again with fantastic views over the fjord, green areas and rocky mountains. Along the ridge you reah the highest point of today's tour Raudmelen. Optional the route can also be shortened several times.
Balestrand - Solvorn
In the morning you are transferred to Årøy, your hiking tour starts at the mighty river. Your route leads you up to Hafslo with its lake and on to Galden and Solvorn, your today's goal. Solvorn used to be an important harbour, today the small village with its wooden houses is a very popular summer holiday destination.
A short transfer brings you to Molden, from where you hike through the forest and up to Svarthiller. The efforts of managing the steep route will be rewarded with amazing views. You continue to the top of Mount Molden, 1 116 m asl. Enjoy the breathtaking panorama over Lusterfjorden, New and Høyheimsvik. Its called the finest viewpoint of all along Sognefjorden. Be sure to have your camera ready! Afterwards you return back to Solvorn to have a relaxed evening in the lovely small village.
Solvorn - Sogndal
After breakfast you go by public bus to Jostedalen. Here you should visit the Breheimscenter with its interactive exhibition about Jostedalen, the national parks Jostedalsbreen and Breheimen. The center also puts a special focus on the glaciers and the climate in this region and offers a cafeteria, souvenir shop and museum. The hike up to glacier Nigardsbreen takes about 45 minutes. If you want you can go by boat to cross the lake (one way or both ways) at the glacier, a ticket costs ca. 60 NOK (ca. 6 EUR) per person. Afterwards you return by public bus back to Sogndal.
After breakfast your hiking holiday ends. We are happy to extend your stay with extra nights.
| Season 1 |
13.05.2021 - 16.06.2021
22.08.2021 - 18.09.2021
| Season 2 |
17.06.2021 - 21.08.2021
|Sognefjord hiking holiday, 7 days, NO-SOWBS-07X|
|Base price|| |
|Single room surcharge||4 999||4 999|
| Season 1 |
May 13, 2021 - Jun 16, 2021
Aug 22, 2021 - Sep 18, 2021
| Season 2 |
Jun 17, 2021 - Aug 21, 2021
|Extra night in double room/breakfast||899||899|
|Extra night in single room/breakfast||1 499||1 499|
- Overnights in chosen 3***- and 4****-hotels
- 5x lunch package for the hiking tours
- 4x half board (2x dinner, 2x buffé)
- Luggage transfer from hotel to hotel
- 1x transfer to the start of the hiking tour, Solvorn-Molden
- Carefully elaborated route instructions
- Detailed travel information: Route maps, route description, tourist attractions and sights, important telephone numbers (1x per booked room)
- Service hotline
- Guided tour in Bergen for up to 2 persons: 1 499 SEK
- Guided tour in Bergen for up to 4 persons: 1 499 SEK
- Guided tour Mount Ulriken: 949 SEK per person
- Public transportation to the start of your daily hiking tours and back
- Ulriken cable car (day 2)
- Express boat Bergen - Balestrand (day 3)
- By flight: Bergen airport and by airport bus (ca. 30 minutes, departures every 15 minutes), City Light Rail (ca. 45 minutes) or taxi to the city centre.
- By ferry: Fjord Line sails to Bergen from Denmark, the ferry docks are within walking distance from the city center.
- By train: The Bergen railway connects Bergen and Oslo and is one of the greatest train journeys in the world.
- By expressbus: Kystbussen runs from Stavanger to Bergen (ca. 3 hours 15 minutes, with hourly departures).
- By express boat: from Sogndal back to Bergen in the morning and by public bus to Oslo.