Take your first stroll through Sweden’s capital and explore some of the many sights and tourist attractions.
After breakfast you start your tour across Djurgården, the green island of Stockholm to continue along the coast to Djursholm. The suburb ist popular for townsman, you will recognise this in many, beautiful houses. By ferry you continue in ca. 30 minutes to the Bogesund nature reserve. The last 15 kilometers are leading you through Swedish landscape until you reach Vaxholm - the capital city of the archipelago. Visit palace Bogesund or the grand fortress from 16th century, which can be reached by short ferry trip.
By ferry you reach the island of Rindö. After a short exploration trip you continue to the island of Värmdö. You are now in the middle of the archipelago - look forward to small villages and a lot of nature.
Today also starts with a ferry ride (approx. 2 hours). You are visiting the popular island of Sandhamn, a true summer paradise with bright summer villas, small streets and nice rest stops. Explore the small island or take a bathing day and end the afternoon comfortably on the popular island. Enjoy the afternoon on this favored summer island before you return by boat to Värmdö.
Via Fågelbrolandet you cycle to the village of Gustavsberg. Not far away you have the possibility to visit the Artipelag, a modern art museum with impressive art and sculptures on ca. 10.000m2. Via Skurusund bridge (photo stop) you finally reach Saltsjöbaden, your today's destination. The idyllic small town is a very popular local recreation area.
On your last stage you cycle along wonderful coastal paths as well as through a nature reserve to Erstavik. Afterwards you reach world cultural heritage Skogskyrkogården (woodland cemetery), which is according to UNESCO an impressive example for the fusion of architecture and cultural landscape. A few more kilometers later you are back in Stockholm again, you reach your hotel via the islands of Södermalm and Långholmen.
After breakfast your bike tour ends. We are happy to extend your holiday with extra nights in Stockholm.
You cycle on bike paths and gravel roads as well as forest tracks and side roads with less traffic through typical Swedish nature. On the islands there are sections with more traffic, especially if it is the only and main road that leads through an island. Flat to slightly hilly tour course.
| Season 1 |
26.05.2024 - 01.06.202401.09.2024 |
| Season 2 |
02.06.2024 - 15.06.2024
18.08.2024 - 31.08.2024
| Season 3 |
16.06.2024 - 17.08.2024
|Stockholm island hopping by bike, 7 days, SE-STRSI-07X|
|Base price|| |
|Single room supplement||5 499||5 499||5 499|
| Season 1 |
May 26, 2024 - Jun 1, 2024Sep 1, 2024 |
| Season 2 |
Jun 2, 2024 - Jun 15, 2024
Aug 18, 2024 - Aug 31, 2024
| Season 3 |
Jun 16, 2024 - Aug 17, 2024
|Extra night in double room/breakfast||999||999||999|
|Extra night in single room/breakfast||1 699||1 699||1 699|
- Overnights in chosen 3***- and 4****-hotels
- Luggage transfer from hotel to hotel
- Carefully elaborated route instructions
- Detailed travel information: Route maps, route description, tourist attractions and sights, important telephone numbers (1x per booked room)
- Navigation-App and GPS data
- Service hotline
- Rental bike
- all ferries (ca. 250 SEK / 25 EUR per person)
- Travel insurance
- Services not mentioned under "Services included"
Sustainability at Active Scandinavia:
- Contribute together with us to even more sustainability and decide for our digital route book and thus against the printed version. As a small thank you, you will receive a discount of 250 SEK per room.
Arrival / Parking / Return journey:
- By flight: Airport Arlanda, by Arlanda Express (fast train) or Flygbuss (airport bus) to the main train station of Stockholm (duration ca. 30-45 minutes). Continue by Tunnelbana (subway), more information: www.sl.se.
- By train: Stockholm main train station.
- By car: Hotel garage from 310 SEK (ca. 30 Euro) per day, reservation not possible, payable on spot.