Take a first stroll through Sweden’s capital and explore some of the many sights and tourist attractions.
Stockholm - Tyresö
After breakfast you start your hiking week with a subway ride (not included) to Nackas nature reserve. Markuskyrkan (church) is the first highlight before you enter the nature reserve with its rich bird life, interesting vegetation and cultural-historical objects along the way. You pass several lakes (don’t forget your swimming clothes) and further nature reserves with some great views of the surroundings. Your first hiking day ends in Tyresö.
Tyresö - Handen
You continue by public transport (not included) to Alby friluftsgård where you start your hiking day. You continue your hike south in the direction of Tyresta, walking through mixed forest, grassland and up to a pine forest plateau. Enjoy the beautiful scenery! Soon you reach Tyresta national park and lake Årsjön. Take a bath in the refreshing lake before you head on to Bylsjön, another lake and Tyresta. The village with its thousand-year old history houses runic carvings and a burial ground. The trail continues with a climb over the mountains in the direction of Handen, your today’s goal.
Handen - Södertälje
Today’s route leads you through a larger moor- and lake-rich forest area with numerous pine-covered rocks, similar to the islands in an archipelago landscape. Wildlife includes deer, moose and hares in the forest and swans, geese and ducks in the lakes. Several lakes along the way offer the opportunity for a refreshing bath. Once you reach lake Kvarnsjön you are in an area with great geological and zoological values. The trail leads you further along lake Getaren. Enjoy the views from the hill over the area, just before you reach Lida friluftsgård. The park offers a lot of activities for families and hosts a restaurant. By public transportation (bus and train, not included) you continue to Södertälje. The small town and home of Scania is connected to the Baltic Sea through a lock in the Södertälje canal.
You are leaving Södertälje via its canal in direction Tvetaberg. After having passed a typical Swedish summer house area you continue up on mountain Aspdalsberget. You will soon reach the Vaskasjöarna lakes, with its unique Nordic nature. The trail continues through a varied forest terrain before you reach the small town of Järna. You return by public transportation (not included) to Stockholm, enjoy your last evening and overnight stay.
After breakfast your hiking tour ends. We are happy to extend your holiday with extra nights.
| Season 1 |
26.05.2024 - 01.06.202401.09.2024 |
| Season 2 |
02.06.2024 - 15.06.2024
18.08.2024 - 31.08.2024
| Season 3 |
16.06.2024 - 17.08.2024
|Stockholm-Järna hiking tour, 6 days, SE-STWSJ-06|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||3 799||3 799||3 799|
| Season 1 |
May 26, 2024 - Jun 1, 2024Sep 1, 2024 |
| Season 2 |
Jun 2, 2024 - Jun 15, 2024
Aug 18, 2024 - Aug 31, 2024
| Season 3 |
Jun 16, 2024 - Aug 17, 2024
|Double room p.P.||999||999||999|
|Surcharge single room||700||700||700|
- Overnights in 3***- and 4****hotels, 1x overnight in an inn with shared bathroom
- Luggage transportation from hotel to hotel
- Well elaborated route
- Detailed travel documents: Route maps, route description, tourist attractions and sights, important telephone numbers (1x per booked room)
- Navigation-App and GPS files
- Public transportation
- Travel insurance
- All services not mentioned under ”Services included”
Sustainability at Active Scandinavia:
- Contribute together with us to even more sustainability and decide for our digital route book and thus against the printed version. As a small thank you, you will receive a discount of SEK 250 per room.
Arrival & departure:
- By flight: Airport Arlanda, by Arlanda Express (fast train) or Flygbuss (airport bus) to the main train station of Stockholm (duration ca. 30-45 minutes). Continue by Tunnelbana (subway), more information: www.sl.se.
- By train: Stockholm main train station.
- By car: Hotel garage in Stockholm from 310 SEK (ca. 30 Euro) per day, reservation not possible, payable on spot.