Take your first stroll through Sweden ́s capital and explore some of the many sights and tourist attractions.
Along lake Mälar you cycle to the island of Lovön, where UNESCO world cultural heritage palace Drottningholm is awaiting you. Take your time to explore the beautiful palace, the Chinese Pavilion dating from the 18th century as well as the palace garden. You continue your tour across bridges on to the island of Södermalm. The former working class district today is inhabited by hipsters, small stores and independent designers. You also pass the old town of Stockholm, Gamla Stan with its cobblestone alleys, lopsided houses and inviting coffee shops and the island of Skeppsholmen with impressive modern art sculpture garden.
Island Vaxholmca. 35 km
A stay in Stockholm without visiting the archipelago just wouldn ́t be it. Therefore today ́s bike tour is bringing you to Vaxholm, the idyllic small town which is also known as “capital of the archipelago”. Look forward to nice restaurants, small shops, an impressive fortress from the 16th century as well as a lively boating culture. The ferry back to Stockholm departs regularly and takes about an hour.
Saltsjöbadenca. 55 km
Today's tour leads you to world cultural heritage Skogskyrkogården (woodland cemetery), which is according to the UNESCO an outstanding example for the mergence of architecture and landscape. Learn more about the cemetery in the visitor centre, or book a guided tour. Your goal is the idyllic bathing village of Saltsjöbaden before you return to Stockholm.
Look forward to nature as far as the eye can see! In the morning a diversified choice of museums is awaiting you on the island of Djurgården. Cultur- as well as Sweden lovers are visiting the Nordic museum or Vasa museum, those who prefer it more interactive pass by at Junibacken (the Astrid Lindgren museum) or the ABBA museum. You will also pass Skansen, the world ́s oldest open-air museum as well as art museum Prinz Eugens Waldemarsudde. Enjoy the views onto the port entrance where cruise ship captains are showing their skills during successful docking maneuvers. You continue your bike tour to the north where Palace Ulriksdal is awaiting you.
After breakfast your bike tour ends. We are happy to extend your holiday with extra nights in Stockholm.
You cycle mostly on bike paths and gravel roads as well as forest tracks and side roads with less traffic through typical Swedish nature. To some extent there are simpler trail conditions with raw gravel. Flat to slightly hilly tour course.
| Season 1 |
25.05.2024 - 01.06.202401.09.2024 |
| Season 2 |
02.06.2024 - 15.06.2024
18.08.2024 - 31.08.2024
| Season 3 |
16.06.2024 - 17.08.2024
|Stockholm based in one hotel, Hotel Birger Jarl, 6 days, SE-STRBJ-06X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||3 499||3 499||3 499|
| Season 1 |
May 25, 2024 - Jun 1, 2024Sep 1, 2024 |
| Season 2 |
Jun 2, 2024 - Jun 15, 2024
Aug 18, 2024 - Aug 31, 2024
| Season 3 |
Jun 16, 2024 - Aug 17, 2024
|Double room p.P. cat. A||999||999||999|
|Surcharge single room||700||700||700|
- Overnights in Hotel Birger Jarl****
- Carefully elaborated route instructions
- Detailed travel information: Route maps, route description, tourist attractions and sights, important telephone numbers (1x per booked room)
- Navigation-App and GPS files
- Service hotline
- Rental bike
- Boat trip Vaxholm-Stockholm
- Travel insurance
- all services not mentioned under "Services included"
Sustainability at Active Scandinavia:
- Contribute together with us to even more sustainability and decide for our digital route book and thus against the printed version. As a small thank you, you will receive a discount of 250 SEK per room.
Arrival / Parking / Return journey:
- By flight: Airport Arlanda, by Arlanda Express (fast train) or Flygbuss (airport bus) to the main train station of Stockholm (duration ca. 30-45 minutes). Continue by Tunnelbana (subway), more information: www.sl.se.
- By train: Stockholm main train station.
- By car: Hotel garage from 310 SEK (ca. 30 Euro) per day, reservation not possible, payable on spot.