Your team at Active Scandinavia
Fun facts about Norway
- Norway has the most islands in Europe: 150,000.
- Seeds from all over the world are stored on Spitsbergen - underground to protect the seeds at its best from external influences.
- Similar to Sweden, alcohol can only be bought in a dedicated shop: Vinmonopolet.
- Norway has the tallest wooden house in the world, the Mjøstårnet is 81m high.
- In Longyearbyen, dying is forbidden by law. Why? The ground is too frozen to dig holes.
- Every year the Christmas tree in Trafalgar Square in London comes from Norway
- In December only 50% of income tax is deducted from the salary to have more money for Christmas presents.