UNESCO world cultural heritage Visby welcomes you with many places of interest as well as an impressive city wall.
Today you get to know the island from its inside! The 400 million years old Lummelunda cave can be visited during a guided tour (not included). Next to the grotto there is a nice café and also a restaurant, perfect for a lunch break. If you want, you can continue cycling to the "Jungfrun", with 27 m the highest limestone column in Gotland. Afterwards you return to Visby. In the evening there is time to explore Visby further.
After breakfast take the public bus to Slite, the village is widely known as a mecca for kayak fans. The islands in the archipelago can be wonderfully discovered by paddling, even for beginners. Paddle for example around the island of Enholmen with its fortress, or around one of the other nearby archipelago islands. Those who prefer to paddle on the lake rather than in the sea can explore the nearby lake Bogevik. Afterwards you go by public bus back to Visby.
After breakfast, the public bus will take you to Tofta. Tofta Strand is said to have the best sandy beach on western Gotland, so what could be better than exploring Gotland's west coast by water? Get on the board and into the waves, unforgettable moments included! There is also time for the beach or the beach club. Afterwards you continue by public bus to Klintehamn.
The boat M/S Stora Karlsö takes you to the 2.5 km2 limestone island of the same name (duration ca. 30 minutes). The island is home to one of the oldest nature reserves in the world and is known for its diverse bird life. In the island museum you will learn more about the flora, fauna, geology and cultural history of the island. Afterwards you can strengthen yourself in the island restaurant before heading back to Visby in the afternoon.
After breakfast your bike tour ends. We are happy to extend your holiday with extra nights in Visby.
You are cycling and hiking on bike paths and gravel roads, forest tracks and roads with less traffic. Flat route. For the water activities experience is not necessary.
| Season 1 |
01.06.2024 - 14.06.2024
17.08.2024 - 31.08.2024
| Season 2 |
15.06.2024 - 16.08.2024
|Gotland multi-activity holiday, 6 days, SE-GOAVV-06X|
|Base price|| |
|Single room supplement||5 999||5 999|
| Season 1 |
Jun 1, 2024 - Jun 14, 2024
Aug 17, 2024 - Aug 31, 2024
| Season 2 |
Jun 15, 2024 - Aug 16, 2024
|Extra night in double room/breakfast||1 199||1 199|
|Extra night in single room/breakfast||1 999||1 999|
- Overnights in a chosen 3***-hotel in Visby
- 1x rental bike (day 2)
- 1x kayak rental (4 hours, day 3)
- 1x SUP rental (1 hour, day 4)
- 1x boat trip Klintehamn-Stora Karlsö (day 5)
- Well elaborated route
- Detailed travel documents: Maps, route description, places of interest, important telephone numbers (1x per booked room)
- Navigation-App and GPS files for the bike tour
- Public bus rides (ca. 240 kr per person)
- Travel insurance
- All services not mentioned under "Services included"
Sustainability at Active Scandinavia:
- Contribute together with us to even more sustainability and decide for our digital route book and thus against the printed version. As a small thank you, you will receive a discount of SEK 250 per room.
Arrival / Parking:
- Arrival by flight: Airport Visby, by taxi into the centre of Visby.
- Arrival by car: Ferry to Visby, from ca. SEK 895 per car and way, more information: destinationgotland.se. Parking space from ca. SEK 95 per day, reservation not possible, payable on spot