Take your time to discover Gothenburg with its exciting places of interest such as the Feskekôrka fish market or the Gothenburg Museum of Art and take a typical Swedish fika break (coffee and cake) in charming Haga district. Besides lovely cafés the area also offers a wonderful selection of small artisan shops. The city is also well-known for its local clothing brands and interior furnishing if you are looking for a souvenir to take home. End your day with the number one speciality from port city Gothenburg for dinner - shrimps, fresh fish, clams and oysters - the selection is huge and yummy!
After breakfast you will get to know Gothenburg's most beautiful corners during a guided sightseeing tour by bike (approx. 2 hours). The tour starts in the heart of Gothenburg and takes you to Vasastan and the popular district of Haga, among other places. Perfect for getting a first impression to possibly visiting one or the other hotspot again in the coming days.
You leave the urban area by foot to shortly after enter Delsjön nature reserve with its beautiful old oaks. Once you have reached Skatås you continue through nature reserve Knipeflågsbergen, a huge mountain plateau. Climb mountain Getryggen and enjoy the fantastic view from the top of the ridge onto Gothenburg. Bring your swimming suits to jump into lake Kåsjön, your today's goal. Afterwards you return by train to Gothenburg (not included, ca. 60 SEK per person).
First you go by bus or boat to Hönö Klåva (not included), one of the archipelago islands north of Gothenburg. On the guided boat tour that follows, the skipper gives interesting insights about life in the archipelago, true events and Vikings. On the way to Vinga seals can be admired and the skipper also knows a lot about them. On the island of Vinga, you have about 1.5 hours to explore the island on your own: go for a swim, visit the lighthouse or the museum in Evert Taube's childhood home (Swedish poet and singer).
Today you explore Gothenburg by kayak on your own (2 hours). Discover the harbor or the city center with its many small canals before you end your last evening in one of Gothenburg's nice restaurants.
After breakfast your bike tour ends. We are happy to extend your holidays with extra nights in Gothenburg.
You cycle on well sign-posted bike paths, flat tour course. The degree of difficulty for the walking tour is easy to medium. Generally speaking suitable for beginners.
| Season 1 |
25.05.2024 - 31.05.2024
31.08.2024 - 07.09.2024
| Season 2 |
01.06.2024 - 14.06.2024
17.08.2024 - 30.08.2024
| Season 3 |
15.06.2024 - 16.08.2024
|Gothenburg multi-activity tour, 6 days, SE-KAAGG-06X|
|Base price|| |
|Single room supplement||3 999||3 999||3 999|
| Season 1 |
May 25, 2024 - May 31, 2024
Aug 31, 2024 - Sep 7, 2024
| Season 2 |
Jun 1, 2024 - Jun 14, 2024
Aug 17, 2024 - Aug 30, 2024
| Season 3 |
Jun 15, 2024 - Aug 16, 2024
|Extra night in double room/breakfast||1 199||1 199||1 199|
|Extra night in single room/breakfast||1 999||1 999||1 999|
- Overnights in a chosen 3***- or 4****-hotel
- 1x guided Sightseeing-tour by bike
- 1x kayak rental (2 hours)
- 1x guided boat trip into the archipelago
- Carefully elaborated route instructions
- Detailed travel documents: Route maps, route description, tourist attractions and sights, important telephone numbers (1x per booked room)
- Navigation-App and GPS files
Sustainability at Active Scandinavia:
- Contribute together with us to even more sustainability and decide for our digital route book and thus against the printed version. As a small thank you, you will receive a discount of 250 SEK per room.
- Train ride Kåsjön-Gothenburg
- Travel insurance
- All services not mentioned under ”Services included”
Arrival / Parking:
- By train: Gothenburg central station.
- By flight: Airport Copenhagen, continue by train to Gothenburg. More information: www.oresundstag.se. Airport Gothenburg, continue by airport bus to Gothenburg main train station. More information: www.flygbussarna.se
- By car: Hotel garag in Gothenburg from 395 SEK (ca. 35 Euro) per day or public park garage from 210 SEK (ca. 20 Euro) per day, reservation not possible, payable on spot.